Feb 4, 2021
Knee Pain is very common in every age Group of people. Reason for knee pain is different in young age group and older age group.
Reasons for Knee Pain can be:
- Soft tissue : injury like ligament sprain or muscle strain.
- Ruptured Ligaments: ACL or Anterior cruciate ligament is very common to get affected in young age group of people and sports persons involved in sudden stopping and running activities.
- Meniscus injuries : Knee has two disc shaped meniscus called medial meniscus and lateral meniscus.Injury to meniscus can cause pain during movement and weight bearing.
- Bursitis: is inflammation of bursa. Bursitis can cause pain around knee and discomfort while walking.
- Tendonitis :Patellar tendonitis is common in sports personal and its one of the common sports injury.
- Chondromalacia Patellae : is a condition where there is destruction of pattelar cartilage leading to knee pain and discomfort.
- Osteoarthritis: is destruction of articular cartilage and as name explains is inflammation of joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: cause stiffness and pain in joints , thus decreased range of motion.
- Infection : can cause swelling and pain in knee joints.
- Fracture : of the thigh bone (Femur) , patella or lower leg bone (Tibia) can cause pain around knee.
treatment of knee pain depends on underlying cause of pain and physiotherapy helps in most of the mild to severe conditions related to knee pain. Various exercises protocols, electronic modalities ,mobilizations help in relieving knee pain. Our experience doctors are here to provide you relief from knee pain in mohali, zirakpur, Chandigarh, kharar and panchkula.So if you want to get physiotherapy for knee pain in Zirakpur,mohali,panchkula,chandigarh or kharar, you can contact us. We are also providing home physiotherapy for knee pain.
- (no comments)